John graduated from Towson University with a degree in Physical Education and Health. He has amassed three decades of lacrosse experience as either a player or coach. John has coached both girls’ and boys’ high school lacrosse and has also coached every level of the MYLA girls’ program through North Carroll Recreation. As a high school coach, John was the offensive coordinator and Assistant Coach for North Carroll High Varsity Boys’ Lacrosse and Manchester Valley Varsity Girls’ Lacrosse. John also spent 10 years coaching Varsity girls’ basketball at North Carroll High School. The 2018 Westminster Girls Lacrosse team he assisted was 2018 Maryland State 3A Lacrosse champions.
2024 Black AC
As a player, Mark attended The Boys’ Latin School of Maryland where he played lacrosse, soccer, and basketball. He was a three-year starter for the Varsity lacrosse team, playing both attack and midfield. Mark earned First Team All-State honors and received the Maryland State All Star game MVP. He then played attack at the University of Virginia, making two National Championship game appearances. Mark has been coaching youth lacrosse, soccer, and basketball for several years and strives to develop young athletes’ skills, field sense and confidence.
2024 Black AC
John’s Hopkins (’23)
– Big Ten Academic All-Conference (2022)
– Started all 19 games and finished 29 ground balls, 22 caused turnovers and one assist
– Ranked third on the team in caused turnovers
– Picked up two ground balls and caused a turnover in loss versus #9 Loyola
– Had three straight games with two ground balls and two caused turnovers (Penn, Georgetown, Drexel)
– Notched first career assist versus #10 Michigan
– Grabbed three ground balls and caused a turnover in loss at #13 Rutgers
– Finished with a career-best five ground balls and also caused two turnovers in win over Coastal Carolina
– Tallied three ground balls and a caused turnover in win at Penn State
– Notched three ground balls and three caused turnovers in loss to #13 Duke in NCAA First Round